Like Us on facebook

Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2012

What We Say And What We Really Mean-2


If all was right with the world, we could tell customers whatever we were thinking.  Unfortunately, that is not how things work in the business climate of today, and sometimes we say one thing when we really mean something else.  Here's a few more

                       What We Say                                                              What We Really Mean

"I see here that your order shipped out today."          "Shit, I better make sure that order goes out today."

"You are my favorite customer.  You know that?"            "You're my favorite customer....at this moment."

"I just love your necklace.  It's beautiful. "                      "Wow! Where did she buy that thing?  A garage sale?"

" I like that watch.  Where did you get it?"                "I don't give a damn about your watch. I'm checking the time."

"Oh is that your wife/husband in this picture?"         "Oh someone actually had the courage to marry you?"

"That is a beautiful blouse.It looks great on you."   "Is that a half leopard/cheetah print?Who is she? The Lion King?"

"The benefit to you will be a reduction in costs."        "And the benefit to me will be an increase in commissions."

"Our product has been know to limit viral infection."    "I am not a clinical person, but I hope you believe this bullshit."

"Our competitor's product does not perform as well."     "They sold you a load of crap and you believed them?"

"Yes the competition offers lower prices than us.I know."  "Those mother fuckers are operating sweat shops in China!"

"I like your make up today.  It's very natural and subtle."     "Holy shit. She needs more make up. I think I'm blind."

Have a great day selling!  More to come.

-M


No comments:

Post a Comment