Like Us on facebook

Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

Tips from Qyoda: ScanBizCards App


Occasionally I, meaning me-Qyoda, will come across business applications that can help all of you out in the field.  Well ScanBizCards is definitely a great tool for reps who don't like taking the time to key in all the information from each business card. The process is so time consuming, not to mention BORING.   ScanBizCards is a wonderful application that allows you to take a picture of a business card with your phone, and then the application scans the card, and enters the information into your contact list.  What's even better, is it enters in about 95% of the information correctly, such as email address, account name, phone number, fax number, job title etc., and it does it all in about a minute or less.  If the contact name has a lot of letters and titles after it, such as King of Prussia, or Imperial Leader of the Galactic Empire, that information won't be transferred so easily.

I wish I would have discovered this app 500 years ago. It would've saved me a lot of time, which I could have spent defending the Jedi Knights against the Empire. At that time, I would rather have had a light saber in my hand then a mouse or a keyboard.

However that's not all you get with this application!  That's right kids, you can export the information on your card to salesforce.com .

"Holy crap Qyoda, You mean I don't have to transfer that information into salesforce.com, because the application does it for me?!"

Yes it does.  Now it is exported to salesforce as a lead but then all you have to do is convert the lead to a contact  and attach it to either an existing account or create a new one.  It's that easy.  I love this application and you will too.  There is a free version that allows you to only scan 2 cards per week, but for my needs I purchased the premium application which is $6.99.  This premium version will back up your cards, allow you to email information, sync your data with LinkedIn, and all kinds of other cool stuff.

If you don't want to be a data entry clerk, I would buy this application now for your iPhone or Android phone, and start saving time today.

http://www.scanbizcards.com/

Have a great weekend!

-Q

No comments:

Post a Comment