Like Us on facebook

Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2012

Got A Case Of The "Mondays"


When I wake up on Monday mornings, I usually rise about 6 am, I am not looking forward to a day of work. I'm not even looking forward to getting out of bed, let alone greeting customers or clients, rather I'm just trying to get to the coffee maker to brew a fresh cup of energy. Now, I've heard Zig Ziglar, Jim Rohn, Tony Robbins, and many others explain that it's all in your perspective as to how you greet the day. They are absolutely right!  And I choose to greet my Monday's with anger, hatred, and resentment.  Explain to me why I should smile, when the dog has shit on the carpet, my neighbor's baby is crying so loud, I can hear it from a block away, and my car has bird shit all over the hood.  The day has greeted me first with disdain, and I intend to treat it the same way.

So when people tell you to get a better "Attitude", tell them to go to hell.  You do have a choice in this matter, you can be happy and go out and greet the day with a smile, or you can be angry and greet the day with a grimace.  Mondays are not for smiling; they are for grimacing.  I focus on making it through to lunch, and by that time my hatred has dwindled to a simple stream of obscenities, rather than a torrent of Tourette Syndrome.  It is manageable, and so is my day, but I never expect to be excited when I get up on a Monday.  Instead I embrace the hatred and work though, it until I feel better.  And inevitably, I always feel better.

When Mondays come around embrace your hatred of the day.  Wrap yourself in it, and guard against the absurdly happy people who greet you on Mondays.  They don't know it, but their just as upset to be working as you are, they're just suppressing their feelings.  You can be satisfied knowing that unlike them you do not live in denial, and the only way for your week to go is UP!  

Have a good week selling.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment